Sunday, June 24, 2012

Local Business acknowledged by a Dragon

On Sunday 10th June, Jenny Buttery of Nellies Designs went up against 1076 other small businesses in the weekly pursuit of a re-tweet from Dragon Den's star and retail guru Theo Paphitis, in the hope of becoming one of his Small Business Sunday (#SBS) winners .


The famous dragon started the #SBS Twitter sensation back in October 2010 and it has been growing steadily in popularity ever since. Each Sunday evening Theo Paphitis asks small businesses to tweet him details of their business using only the 140 characters of a tweet and on the following Monday evening he re-tweets his top 6 of the week to his 250,000 plus followers.


The winners are then eligible for an entry on the new #SBS website http://theopaphitissbs.com/ which was launched at the inaugural winner's event held by Theo Paphitis and one of his businesses, Rymans back in March 2012.


This Monday evening was the night that Jenny finally realised her long time ambition of winning a much sought after re-tweet from Theo Paphitis with her winning tweet:

"@TheoPaphitis They say persistence pays eventually. I hope today is the day for our handmade jewellery! www.nelliesjewellery.co.uk #SBS"

Of her win Jenny says "I had been tweeting Theo Paphitis every Sunday since the start of the year and every week tried to make my tweet stand out. I thought I would show Theo that I was willing to persevere to reach my goal and this time he chose me as one of his 6 winners. The response has been amazing and I am blown away by the comments and support I have received! Winning has been a massive boost to my business and to be acknowledged by Theo has spurred me on to build my business to the next level".


Nellies Designs was started in 2011 after Jenny had started making jewellery as hobby which then soon developed her passion for making pieces which were beautiful, unique and quirky. The business is named after her grandmother 'Nellie' who was a huge inspiration to Jenny and who taught her to cross-stitch as a child and encouraged her creativity.


Nellies Designs are currently stocked in "Boutique 33" in Bristol and "Things British" in London and Jenny also has two new collections The Brights Collection and Touch of Sparkle which are now available exclusively on her website www.nelliesjewellery.co.uk


Local Business acknowledged by a Dragon

bionaire humidifier

0 comments:

Post a Comment