Monday, May 21, 2012

Daniel Cormier and Josh Barnett both broke their hands in the first round of their Strikeforce bout

Daniel Cormier and Josh Barnett fought most of their five-round bout with broken hands at Strikeforce on Saturday night. Cormier broke his right hand, the same one he broke in knocking out Antonio Silva in September. Barnett broke his left hand and headed straight to the hospital after losing the decision in the final of the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix.

Both men are planning to see surgeons after their grueling bout. Cormier wants to make sure this injury isn't recurring.

"I think this time I'm going to take a different approach," Cormier said. "I think I'm going to have surgery on it and get it fixed, because I don't want it to be recurring and then end up costing me later and later on down the line."

Barnett's manager said the fighter will see an orthopedist to find out how serious the injury is.

Five-round fights are difficult without any injuries. Cormier and Barnett were forced to use different weapons throughout their bout to find a way to the judges' decision.

frames for glasses

0 comments:

Post a Comment